CHARLES KEILLOR is from Vancouver Canada. The early passion he acquired for drawing was inspired by his parents Russell and Marial Keillor, both gifted visual artists.
Figurative and representational subjects are the focus of Charles’s art. Beyond precise draftsmanship and strong composition, capturing character and conveying mood are foremost among Mr. Keillor’s creative concerns. The quality of stillness found in much of his work, and the dedication to a monochromatic graphite medium, can be attributed in part to Charles’s affection for classic Japanese cinema.
CHARLES KEILLOR’s resume includes numerous client commissions, along with participation in solo, national, and international group exhibitions.
To access the artist’s ULTRA MARINE and URBAN-SUBURBAN NOIR collections, please click visit MYARTCHANNEL.
PUBLICATIONS and AFFILIATIONS
• Featured in the book series “Artists of British Columbia”; Volume 2 published in 2011
• CIPA: Canadian Institute of Portrait Artists; Active Member since 2008
• FCA: Federation of Canadian Artists; Active Member since 2010
• MYARTCHANNEL; Artist Member since 2008: www.charleskeillor.myartchannel.com
SELECTED JURIED EXHIBITIONS and AWARDS
• KINGSTON PRIZE, Toronto ON and Drummondville QC. Selected as one of 30 Competition Finalists, 2011-2012
• FCA FEDERATION GALLERY, Vancouver BC. “Spring Seven”, Group Exhibition, 2011
• CIPA, Calgary AB. National Open Exhibition. Awarded for Excellence in Graphite, 2010
• “AIRS”, Vancouver BC. Annual International Representational Show, 2010
• “DRAWN” Festival, Vancouver BC. National Group Exhibition, 2010
• CITYSCAPE, N. Vancouver BC. “Rejuvenation”, Group Exhibition. Juror’s Choice Award, 2009
• KINGSTON PRIZE, Kingston ON. Selected as one of 30 Competition Finalists, 2009
• SILK PURSE GALLERY, W. Vancouver BC. “Grey Matter”, Solo Exhibition, 2009